Our home base of Seattle isn't just a place—it’s a point of view. And like the Great Northwest, our outlook is a little different. From here, we can help you see more. Beyond numbers. Beyond conventional wisdom. From our vantage point, information paves the way to insight and metrics reveal more meaning. When your way forward isn't clear, a shift in perspective isn't just refreshing. It’s essential.
cyclists of varying commitment levels
person who started in Oil before changing course
At EMI Consulting, meaningful work, intellectual rigor and a balanced life co-exist in a way they just don’t in many other jobs. We mix hard and soft disciplines for an approach all our own.
We’re equal parts intelligence and irreverence. We love the outdoors (most of us) and fiercely guard our quality of life. At the same time, we possess a work ethic, business sense and mastery of energy issues that we’ll happily stack up against the most buttoned-down firm. We like quirky. We don’t tolerate flakey. And we mind the fulcrum that keeps life and work in balance. Our greatest ambition is to be indispensable to our clients’ success as we make a positive contribution to global energy challenges.
Our second-greatest ambition? To be the kind of people you want to have a beer with.
We're always on the lookout for smart people with vision. If you're interested, please send a resume or career questions to email@example.com
Senior Customer Experience Researcher
EMI Consulting is a boutique strategy-consulting firm, located in vibrant downtown Seattle, Washington. We have been pioneers in the clean energy space for more than twenty years. We work across the country with electric and gas utilities that are faced with considerable uncertainty in the changing energy landscape. We advise them on business strategies related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, new and emerging market opportunities, and successful customer engagement, helping them to carve out a path toward the Utility of the Future. Our team of smart, experienced M.S. and Ph.D. researchers has recognized expertise in energy policy, economic analysis, qualitative and quantitative research, consumer decision-making, market analytics, technology assessment, and data analysis.
Make a Difference in the World
If you are a Customer Experience Researcher who wants to apply your skills and expertise in an environment where true and substantive impact will be made, please read on.
Our Customer Experience team strives to fuel the engine of change. They focus on how energy-related decisions are made throughout our economy—by homeowners, businesses, government agencies, schools, developers, contractors, manufacturers, and others. As part of this team, you will be charged with conducting state-of-the-art mixed-methods research and will be responsible for the design and execution of rigorous, creative, and insightful primary research that helps shed light on how customers make these decisions. You will work with your team to provide insights that inform strategic business decisions, helping our clients positively impact markets and develop new products/services related to energy efficiency, distributed energy resources, electric vehicles, micro grids, home automation, smart cities and future opportunities that build upon the ubiquitous Internet of Things. Your research will result in actions that change our environment and our world.
As a Senior Researcher on our Customer Experience Research Team, we’ll be looking to you for leadership in both the design and execution of qualitative research efforts that will reveal the unexpected, and you will support our Strategy Team in designing new programs and product offerings for clients. Your typical day may include:
- Planning innovative research and evaluation studies
- Leading and mentoring teams of junior researchers
- Designing effective interview guides
- Leading in-depth interviewing efforts
- Developing qualitative data management strategies
- Leading coding and analysis efforts
- Interpreting key themes found in the research
- Integrating qualitative and quantitative research findings
- Communicating results in creative and visually-compelling ways
No project is the same. Our work is fast-paced and varied, so you’ll help prioritize what we do to make sure clients get what they need, when they need it.
You have 4-6 years of experience conducting applied qualitative research, specifically with a focus on customer and/or user experience and a solid academic background, preferably an M.A., M.S., or Ph.D. from a top-ranked university. You have a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of research methods and design. Your tools should include: in-depth interviews, focus groups, field observations, ethnographic and anthropological research, usability testing, content analysis, and other structured research methods. Although most of your work will be qualitative in nature, you should have a strong understanding of how to effectively design and implement mixed-methods studies. Experience with utilities or the clean energy sector is preferred but not required.
What is required is that you have a passion for your work, seek out and look for fresh perspectives and insights, have a systems-thinking perspective, and want to make an impact. Excellent writing and presentation skills are also essential, as is the ability to tell a good story!
The Core of Who We Are
We have been pioneers in the clean energy space and are known for the high quality of our work, and the passion for innovation that we bring to each project. Our offices are on the top floor of an historic Pioneer Square loft warehouse, along the waterfront in Seattle, Washington. We offer a very competitive benefits package, are cubicle-free, and have created a great place to work. Think lots of white boards, Ping-Pong, sophisticated analytics, Macs, the occasional office dog, work-hard/play-hard. We prioritize collaboration, expect optimism, and insist upon mutual respect.
How to Let Us Know About You
We want to hear from you.
We also want to let you know that every resume is reviewed and you will hear from us—yes or no—regardless of our decision. That’s just who we are.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following materials:
- Cover letter; be bold, tell us something real about yourself
- Writing sample
- Three references who can speak to your character as well as your accomplishments
EMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages workplace diversity.
Western US Portfolio Leader
A number of disruptions are driving significant transformation in the energy industry. At EMI Consulting, we believe the “Utility of the Future” is technologically smarter, affordable, increasingly distributed, cleaner, and more customer-focused. We’re looking for people who share this vision and want to apply their skills and talents to an industry in transition. By joining our firm, you’ll be part of a dedicated team that is helping clear a path for the future—turning what you do best into a positive impact on the industry.
This is a Portfolio Leader role with responsibility for expanding EMI Consulting relationships in the Western US. This person will be accountable to lead significant projects for the firm while expanding our offerings and presence in client organizations throughout the Western US. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Consulting team to increase the EMI Consulting client portfolio, thus expanding our opportunities to help utilities in the West to build toward a clean energy future.
The Portfolio Leader role is highly visible and focuses on expanding business for EMI Consulting in the Western US.
- Successfully developing and managing the strategy and plan to expand consulting services into organizations in the Western US, both within existing client organizations and with organizations that are not existing clients of EMI Consulting
- Developing partnership relationships with new/potential clients’ executive level personnel
- Successfully responding to RFPs, writing proposals, and preparing any pre-sales client-facing materials, with the support of the Consulting team
- Building and managing account strategies, plans, timelines, budget and other critical administration responsibilities
- Formulating and executing best practices in generating leads, prospecting, and account development
- Participating in and eventually running a bi-weekly opportunity and prospecting rhythm
- Developing and expanding a professional network through association memberships, speaking and writing engagements, and community activities
- Working in collaboration with the Consulting team to ensure impactful conversations
- 10+ years of leadership experience in consulting, evaluation, advisory, and/or professional services, with a focus on public sector clients
- Demonstrated track record of successful ability to sell consulting engagements to energy industry clients
- Strong network of relationships with potential energy clients in the state of California
- Experience responding to formal RFPs and writing winning proposals for public sector clients
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within the company; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with professional teams, senior level executives and the community at large
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex client challenges